The Hastings Yellow Jackets Booster Club was founded in 2010 and is dedicated to supporting and promoting all Hastings scholar-athletes. The club actively welcomes participation from residents, parents, students, coaches, school teachers, administrators, local businesses and alumni.
"Our mission, is to promote and support all athletes in the Hastings on Hudson UFSD by uniting students, parents, coaches, faculty, staff, alumni, and community in a way that enhances school spirit, and provides financial support to continue a rich tradition of quality student athletes."
To date, The Booster Club has:
- Provided scholarships to graduating seniors who have excelled in both academics and athletics
- Promoted Hastings Athletics on social media, in local news outlets and in the weekly e-newsletter "Yellow Jackets: This Week in Review"
- Established traditions to honor scholar-athletes who represent HOH (season-ending Varsity Banquets; Senior Rose Ceremonies; and special recognition to teams and athletes that excel in their league/playoffs)
- Funded the purchase of team clothing and Yellow Jackets logo wear
- Created programs which unite the school athletic teams with the larger community, younger students and other school clubs (pre-season Youth Clinics, Community Days, Homecoming weekend)
- Created a Sports Pop-up for recycling lightly-used sports equipment
- Provided much needed equipment and training to allow teams to further develop their skills
- Hosted and organized the annual Costello Basketball Tournament and the 2018 Wrestling Sectional Tournament
- Created social events for parents and school staff to socialize and celebrate HOH Athletics (Casino Night, Thanksgiving Social, and more)
- Purchased a brand-new scoreboard at the Burke field
We look forward to continuing to build the athletic and academic experience of our Hastings students. With increased support, we hope to move forward with several capital improvements to our athletic facilities at Reynolds Field and the Burke Estate; a continued expansion of our student-athlete awards program; deeper relationships with other academic programs within our district; a further development of our connections within the larger community (i.e., “Hastings Community Day”; scholar-retired Seniors BBQ); more instructional player clinics that allow older athletes to mentor their younger peers; and continued updates to ensure our website remains contemporary.
Winter in Review
Fall in Review
It's been a busy Fall & Winter for the Athletic Dept. & the Booster Club! Read about all of the Grants Awarded, Community Activities, Youth Events, & Fundraising new fall & winter Initiatives!
Grant Request Form